Students study Biology, Physics and Chemistry separately. We follow the OCR 21st Century syllabus and over two years will complete the GCSE Biology A, GCSE Chemistry A and GCSE Physics A.
Students complete 7 modules in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- 75% Exam - 3 x 1 hour papers. 2 papers for first 6 modules and 1 paper for the larger 7th module.
- 25% Controlled Assessment - Includes a Practical Investigation set by OCR for each Science.
Opportunities at CEC and Beyond
- Leadership opportunities to mentor and/or support younger students.
- Grades of BBB in Triple Science can allow you access to most A Levels and this course gives a good grounding for A Level Sciences.
- This course can lead to university courses such as Medicine, Sciences, Archaeology, Pharmacology etc.
- Jobs include Research Scientists, Doctor, Nursing, Ecologist, or work in The Forces.
- Practical and literacy skills development.
Psychology, Geography, PE